Frequently Asked Questions
How many books will I sell?
Anything between none and a billion! There is absolutely no telling how many books you will sell. Sales depend on marketing, publicity, and quality of your writing.
Do I need a Facebook account, Twitter account, website, etc.?
No, you don’t. But it’s better if you have some sort of web presence or internet marketing. While it is very useful to have some form of social media presence (e.g., Facebook etc), you shouldn’t do it if you’re not familiar with it or not comfortable with it. You’re better off with a static website, and free tools such as author pages on Amazon and Smashwords.
How can I sell more books?
- Read as much as you can about how other people are selling their books.
- Tell anyone you know that you’ve published a book.
- Send a link in emails to friends or colleagues who may be interested in what you’ve written.
- Have a link to where people can buy your book(s) as part of your email signature.
- Make sure you complete your author profiles on Amazon and Smashwords – and upload a headshot – readers love to know what their authors look like!
- Write more books. The more you write, the more you have to offer. Don’t despair if your first book isn’t a great hit – just keep building your audience and writing and if you’re any good, it will, eventually, happen.
If About Kids Books is a publisher, why doesn’t it promote my books, too?
Yes, we do, within our limited range of promotional abilities. But we’re not a ‘traditional publisher’ – we’re a self-publishing facilitator. Our job is to help you produce your book: as a self-publisher, your job is to write it and sell it.
We will list your books here on our About Kids Books website.